Learn How to Play SUMthings Right!
Jordynn Allen (Ottawa, ON)
I am excited to use the math cards with my boys because they are resistant to conventional homework strategies. It's a fun way to "study" together, build their confidence, and learn without the anxiety and pressure they usually feel about getting things right. Their skills developed without them even realizing that they were beginning to swiftly add and subtract integers. They became more interested in winning the game and less focused on the fact that they were doing math!
Two Decks, Eighteen (18) Games
The Blue Deck - Integers
Learn the fundamental concept of how to add and subtract integers.
1. Integer Order (1-4 players)
2. Integer War (2 -4 players)
3. Integer Sign for Sums (1-4 players)
4. Two-Card Sums (1-4 players)
5. Rapid Fire Sums (1 dealer and 1 player works best)
6. Integer Sum War (2 -4 players)
7. Zero Sums (1-4 players)
8. Integer Sums, Multiple Cards (1-4 players)
9. Find the Missing Quantity (1- 4 players)
10. Introducing Algebra—Like Terms (1- 4 players)
Bonus: Get introduced to adding and subtracting like terms.
The Gold Deck—Algebra
Learn the fundamental concept of how to add and subtract like terms.
11. Two-Card Sums (1-4 players)
12. Rapid Fire Sums (1 player, 1-3 dealers)
13. Zero Sums (1-4 players)
14. Multiple Card Sums, One Variable (1-4 players)
15. Find the Missing Quantity (1-4 players)
16. Multiple Card Sums, Two Variables (1-4 players)
17. Multiple Card Sums, One Variable and Constants (1-4 players)
18. Multiple Card Sums, Two Variables and Constants (1-4 players)
Meet Jim Gomes
Jim loved teaching kids high school math for 30 years. He founded J-Go LEARN to continue his calling. His book Ready-Set-Teach! 101 Tips for Classroom Success is endorsed by Barbara Coloroso. A featured writer with Education World, his works include What to Do When You Have a Difficult Class. To meet the growing need for quality math resources, Jim created SUMthings Right—a hands-on learning tool designed to make math visual and fun!